logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adrnalnaddiction  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 2:07:10 AM(UTC)
adrnalnaddiction

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Is there anyway to make questor work from lowest bounty to highest bounty no matter whats spawned? rightnow i can get questor to shoot at tacklers first but then it completely ignores cruisers and moves onto battleships which so happen to be the triggers in missions like the blockade which leads to a fairly large force that i just can't tank.
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Gray  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 2:16:54 AM(UTC)
Gray

Groups: Gray, Registered

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Bounty order won't save you in Blockade. For example, in L3 Guri blockade there could be several Pithatis Revolters (bounty 153k), plus a single Assassin / Assaulter / Death Dealer, which is a trigger with bounty 138 to 146k. Likewise, in L4 Serp blockade you have to kill Core High Admiral (993k bounty) before Core Rear Admiral (just 543k). What could help in this case is implementation of a real priority list, where you enumerate exact order of killing, name by name.
adrnalnaddiction  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 2:26:23 AM(UTC)
adrnalnaddiction

It would help with the Angel blockade because all of the triggers are the highest bounty bs spawn making it pretty easy so long as you go from lowest bounty to highest bounty kill order... unfortunately questor doesn't seem to want to do this half the time >.>
Gray  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:28:05 PM(UTC)
Gray

Outdated information. As of the incursion content patch, bounty doesn't matter at all in angelganza anymore. ANY bs can be a trigger, which exists in the following list: Gist War General, Gist Warlord, Gist Saint, Gist Nephilim. Generals and commanders are never triggers.
Porksta  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:47:35 PM(UTC)
Porksta

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Change target values to high 0 low 5, or whatever the amount your ship can target. By doing this questor will auto drop high value to low value targets only ones that have you locked though.
adrnalnaddiction  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 10:24:35 PM(UTC)
adrnalnaddiction

still talking about blockade not ganza, but it doesn't matter anymore, i fitted a faction AB, only 50 less DPS tank but the speedtank reduces alot of damage
Gray  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:25:33 PM(UTC)
Gray

Originally Posted by: Porksta Go to Quoted Post
Change target values to high 0 low 5, or whatever the amount your ship can target. By doing this questor will auto drop high value to low value targets only ones that have you locked though.

Well, the problem is: in most cases (most missions) you have to start with high-value targets - the way Questor goes by default - because they are more threat + low value targets have got too small signature to be targeted by primary weapons (thus you can kill them for ages, while receiving significant dps from large ships). Or you are going to edit character xml before every blockade/ganza?
Porksta  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:05:20 PM(UTC)
Porksta

Originally Posted by: Gray Go to Quoted Post

Well, the problem is: in most cases (most missions) you have to start with high-value targets - the way Questor goes by default - because they are more threat + low value targets have got too small signature to be targeted by primary weapons (thus you can kill them for ages, while receiving significant dps from large ships). Or you are going to edit character xml before every blockade/ganza?

I cant say for bloackade but for ganza's mission ive never run into any issue at all using this setup, also I fly a tengu so small ships need to be killed first. I'm presuming you are using a golem which I have never really used with questor.
adrnalnaddiction  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 10:47:25 PM(UTC)
adrnalnaddiction

I fly a tengu as well, i prefer to kill the small tacklers first so that if i need to warpout i can, the tengu doesn't have much as far as buffer shield so if its perma pithum A-type tank fails even a little bit, its not long before the bot goes into panic mode.
Porksta  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 12:11:50 AM(UTC)
Porksta

i use dual gisti b small boosters and lg crystal set, also i dont what rigs you are using but rigors is important. I also flag two missions stop the thief/rogue slave trader chain. other than that its all gravy baby.

Edited by user Monday, March 21, 2011 12:14:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gray  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:17:04 PM(UTC)
Gray

I cant say for bloackade but for ganza's mission ive never run into any issue at all using this setup, also I fly a tengu so small ships need to be killed first. I'm presuming you are using a golem which I have never really used with questor.

Ehhe I wish I was able to use golem... noway, I've started to play Eve just 3 months ago, and wasted a lot of time trying things that aren't really profitable, so I'm still flying a BC with crap skills (at 3 mostly, ones needed for T2 gear at 4). But, with crap skills and with no access to T3 ships - frigates and especially destroyers are still too small for a BC. So my usual practice is to set Questor to kill enemy BC first (they deal decent damage, but they are really fragile compared to BS, and they receive full damage from my weapons), then BS, then cruisers and then frig-size. Of course, it's different for ganza, blockade etc: priority is "BC, then crus, then frig, then BS" there.

Then again, a lot of Questor users, including its author, fly golems, so I'd say it's ok that Questor uses "big to small" as default sequence.