logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Armadillo11  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 5:33:22 PM(UTC)
Armadillo11

Groups: Registered

As subject says...i've lost 2 ships (golem, then tengu) in Angel Extravaganza (last room, not the bonus one).

I am using Da_Teach's release and it used to run just fine in gallente space. But i've recently moved to minmatar space...although that had no effect on how AE looks like.

These are the last lines of the questor logs.. Notice the time gap between the bot realizes it's dead.

Golem: http://pastebin.com/CqunaNVF
Tengu: http://pastebin.com/nK0UTsgf

When i came back to the pc, all i found were like 2-3 BS...nothing that would break both ships' tank. There's nothing special in mission XMLs. The tengu used to run AE with that XML in Gallente space without any problems.

Any ideas ?
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Edgar  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 6:05:44 PM(UTC)
Edgar

Groups: Developer, Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 31 post(s)
The Golem log looks like the old looting hang. Not sure what happened with the Tengu. In both instances it looks like Questor stopped preforming actions.

Do not use Da_Teach's questor. Use the ISDP version.
Ritticus  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:06:55 AM(UTC)
Ritticus

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
i've found if u run any program that is fullscreen only it shuts off questor or innerspace injects w/e (it makes it stop working), might wanna be careful when meta-gaming ^^. don't even want to mention how many dozens of tengu's i've lost when i run that new cool game and my 9-man fleets all out and suddenly just hangs in space to be decimated. but ya im using iseeded version and have been running fine in winmatar/gallente/amarr space for 3weeks no loss. no reason why u should loose something.
Da_Teach  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:15:24 AM(UTC)
Da_Teach

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Could also just have been lag... It's known to happen... (or gankers)
Armadillo11  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:16:49 PM(UTC)
Armadillo11

It could've been lag if it weren't 2 ships in exact same circumstances (they popped within about 8 hours timegap). Gankers - don't think so...there weren't any CONCORD'ed wrecks in the mission. Killmail says they died to nova missiles/torps.
Angel71  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 12:11:47 AM(UTC)
Angel71

where panic warnings? it means that problem may be in anything (config, fit, code, internet lags).
Armadillo11  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:17:49 PM(UTC)
Armadillo11

Ok...just lost a Tengu with the newest ISDP's fork.... I don't understand wtf is going on.

http://pastebin.com/4d7qPKZt

Apparently it warped to the 2nd pocket in Vengeance mission...and just stopped working. Awesome. Can it be an issue of DirectEve ?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:24:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

grdk  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:39:28 PM(UTC)
grdk

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just looked at your console log.

Basically what happened is somehow EVE was lagging out, and Questor was attempting to restart EVE to get out of the lag, but you were currently scrambled so you basically died during the restart process.

Quote:
[QuestorUI] The Last UI Frame Drawn by EVE was [105] seconds ago! This is bad. - Exiting EVE

In situations that I've seen this, even if EVE didn't get restarted, you still would've died anyway.

Lag is bad, need to get rid of the lag.

The lag could be introduced a number of ways (network/internet, too little memory, video card sucks, hard drive latency), but most of the time when it happens to me and others, it's the hard drive trying to keep up. Are you running too many EVEs/Questors at the same time on the same hard drive? If you are you probably should swap it for mid-grade SSD.
Angel71  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:05:59 PM(UTC)
Angel71

Originally Posted by: Armadillo11 Go to Quoted Post
Apparently it warped to the 2nd pocket in Vengeance mission...and just stopped working. Awesome. Can it be an issue of DirectEve ?

de is stable, problem in something else.
Armadillo11  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2012 5:20:00 PM(UTC)
Armadillo11

I am also using Reguard. Can it be the problem ? It's weird...as i've been using Questor for more than half a year on the same computer...and often while playing eve with other clients.
Angel71  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:09:30 PM(UTC)
Angel71

old and new redguard work fine.
try start think from: internet lags, bot`s code, config