logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lucasglijander  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:51:54 PM(UTC)
lucasglijander

Groups: Registered

Hi Da_Teach and congrats on your great blog! And good to know you worked on WoW!Sharp

I've read it all and have some questions.

I'd like to know your VMWare setup for cheating on Steam protected games. In one of the posts you say you use Cheat Engine and Syser. I'd like to try a similar setup with WinDbg instead of Syser. I guess you use Cheat Engine to find interesting addresses and then Syser to know what accesses that addresses. Am I right?

Could you please make a small video showing how you do it? I don't care if it's just changing the minesweeper score. Something simple will be enough to learn by example.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Da_Teach  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:54:50 PM(UTC)
Da_Teach

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I'm not much of video's :)

But I used to find values with Cheat Engine and then switch over to Syser. VMWare was usually running Windows XP (basic install with all VMWare drivers). But I must admit that I've not used Syser for a while. Some of the newer game protections also detect Syser which is a tad annoying.

The newer versions of Cheat Engine have a (for me) working kernel driver and using the kernel debugger (inside Cheat Engine) I can find most addresses that I need. Only downside with Cheat Engine is that you can't step through the code, which is why I still have 1 PC with Syser installed lying around. But it's off most of the time (IDA + knowing what addresses modified the value is usually enough).

If there's no debug-protection though, I usually attach WinDBG to step through code.
lucasglijander  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:18:09 PM(UTC)
lucasglijander

Groups: Registered

Ok, thanks for your answer and congrats again for your great job!