logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gray  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:53:21 PM(UTC)
Gray

Groups: Gray, Registered

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 23 post(s)
It looks like EVE has sugnificant memory leak - or maybe it is somehow related to Questor/DE/RG. At summer I was running 6 windows on a single comp with 4Gb of RAM and 32-bit Win7. Each process occupied about 500-600Mb, and everything was OK until I tried to launch a trade account, or surf some web - then started to swap horribly. Finally I've decided to buy 4Gb more and reinstall 64-bit win7. Worked like a charm - until lately. Right now my EVE instances occupy 700Mb each right after launching, and 1.1-1.2Gb each after half a day of running (absolutely minimal settings, minimal windows and 3D disabled). Which, basically, returns me back to the hell of swapping - the only difference is that I don't have any more slots to buy more RAM.

So I wonder - what the hell is that? Is that Crucible effect, or maybe it's improper injection of RG? At least, tell me - how much RAM does occupy every your EVE instance?
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ferox2552  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:24:16 PM(UTC)
ferox2552

Groups: Developer, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 39 post(s)
740-820MB, using RG, running for 6 hours, using tengus, no looting/salvaging,

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:00:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bubsan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:34:30 PM(UTC)
Bubsan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
omg!
i'm glad you posted this issue. i had same problems and question mark over my head.
i lost over a dozen marauders since the crucible release, not being able to get what's wrong. finally, i diagnosed the problem just yesterday - it's looting and/or salvaging.
since crucible, i lost over a dozen marauders. then i switched to 9 tengus and everything was all right. i did notice a hell of a lot of disk swapping and clients freezing during that time. that's how i got to running tengus. they use speedtank so while client is not responding their tank is still on while marauders (in my case vargurs), stand still and during freeze and swapping they lose tank funcionability and die easily.
so, after tengus i tried with speedtank machariels and everything was ok again.
i'm using 3 comps, 9 clients (2+3+4 on comps depending on their specs). so after that i tried with machariels and ONLY ONE client with after mission salvaging and again 1 dead mach in first 12 hours.
clients running without looting&salvaging have memory print of 700-800 mb, while my vargurs (before) or mach with aftermission noctis have 1.1 gb memory usage.
so, it must be something with salvaging/looting. i don't know if it's crucible or questor or innerspace maybe but do not loot&salvage and everything will be ok. it's not rg, i don't use it.
i was actualy afraid it would cut down my isk but it's not the case. i'm making 500-550 mil (bounties only) + probably 200-300 mil in LPs per account, so thats at least 700 mil a day.
all of them have maxed machariels (min bs 5, gal bs 5, autocannon spec 5, navigation maxed, shields maxed, social, negotiation and sec connections all 5).
although, it does seem something was changed with crucible because before i could run 11 clients with the same hardware.
bbday  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:53:30 PM(UTC)
bbday

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bubsan Go to Quoted Post
omg!
i'm glad you posted this issue. i had same problems and question mark over my head.
i lost over a dozen marauders since the crucible release, not being able to get what's wrong. finally, i diagnosed the problem just yesterday - it's looting and/or salvaging.
since crucible, i lost over a dozen marauders. then i switched to 9 tengus and everything was all right. i did notice a hell of a lot of disk swapping and clients freezing during that time. that's how i got to running tengus. they use speedtank so while client is not responding their tank is still on while marauders (in my case vargurs), stand still and during freeze and swapping they lose tank funcionability and die easily.
so, after tengus i tried with speedtank machariels and everything was ok again.
i'm using 3 comps, 9 clients (2+3+4 on comps depending on their specs). so after that i tried with machariels and ONLY ONE client with after mission salvaging and again 1 dead mach in first 12 hours.
clients running without looting&salvaging have memory print of 700-800 mb, while my vargurs (before) or mach with aftermission noctis have 1.1 gb memory usage.
so, it must be something with salvaging/looting. i don't know if it's crucible or questor or innerspace maybe but do not loot&salvage and everything will be ok. it's not rg, i don't use it.
i was actualy afraid it would cut down my isk but it's not the case. i'm making 500-550 mil (bounties only) + probably 200-300 mil in LPs per account, so thats at least 700 mil a day.
all of them have maxed machariels (min bs 5, gal bs 5, autocannon spec 5, navigation maxed, shields maxed, social, negotiation and sec connections all 5).

although, it does seem something was changed with crucible because before i could run 11 clients with the same hardware.

sure, i had same problem 3 account 4gb of ram but i have 1gb of ram free but sometime use a lot of hdd, solution is :

set eve with low details and 1024x900 resolution
disable 3d

i don't have this problem anymore but for stay safe i bought 4gb of usb and use windows 7 with function ReadyBoost (using usb also use hdd for swapping).

before this setting i lose 3 marauder. you made 500 only bounty in 24 hours?

sometime i see my marauder don't tractor items that stay at 46km (trator t2 take 48km) i try to manualy but windows say : "must be under 48 km" overview say 46km ! damn i must gone on 40km! what fuck happen XXX overview bug / loop?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:57:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bubsan  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:56:36 PM(UTC)
Bubsan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i don't think i'll mess with current setup. i have 3d disabled on all of my accounts and eve settings all on minimum. i lost a lot of nerves until everything worked ok.
yes, all of my accounts (9 clients) made 470-580 mil in 22 hours only bounties, so it's 500 mil in average. my mission xml are somewhat optimized, i spent some time optimizing with available actions. i'm not a coder.
i will add usb as ReadyBoost device, though. that's a nice idea.
Gray  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:58:06 PM(UTC)
Gray

Originally Posted by: bbday Go to Quoted Post

set eve with low details and 1024x900 resolution
disable 3d

i don't have this problem anymore but for stay safe i bought 4gb of usb and use windows 7 with function ReadyBoost (using usb also use hdd for swapping).

1024x900 is not minimum. I run 1024x768 (too bad EVE doesn't support 800x600), with 3d disabled as well. Still, 1.1Gb of RAM per instance... which sucks major ass. But yes, I salvage sometimes. I run 18 missions (with the rest 19 blacklisted), and aftermission salvaging is disabled for 13 of them... but heck, the rest 5 missions (like Gone Berserk) just shout "SALVAGE ME, SALVAGE ME!" RollEyes I'm kind of afraid of reporting this memory leak on the official site (especially, after making this thread here Wink )... so I guess the only viable option would be to buy 4Gb memory chips instead of my 2Gb ones?
mrcorpse  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:41:58 PM(UTC)
mrcorpse

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Last year EVE had that memory leakage. At the start client was something at 500-600 megs, and in 12-14 hours it bloated to 1-1,1 gig. After some expansion (don't remember exact date, summertime) leakage was gone. Completely. Client size kept in range of 600-700 megs. And yes, after Crucible it returned back and hit much harder now - client can increase up to 1,6 gig. Sux, dangerous, and yet unfixable. Unless you make periodical restarts.
deXtoRious  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:37:44 AM(UTC)
deXtoRious

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's an EVE issue, Questor/Redguard aren't to blame. For the time being, I'd suggest simply coding in some randomized periodic restart functionality between missions for those of you using RAM-constrained systems.
Gray  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 2:36:15 AM(UTC)
Gray

This might be a good idea, actually. The only problem is that I usually position my EVE windows at certain coords manually (approximately), for a better comprehension. After restart they all appear in the screen center, so just the last of them gets visible Sad I wonder if it could be possible to re-position EVE windows somehow after restart, just like Questor positions itself after it's loaded? Maybe some option in IS game configuration file?
Edgar  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 11:41:35 AM(UTC)
Edgar

Groups: Developer, Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gray Go to Quoted Post
This might be a good idea, actually. The only problem is that I usually position my EVE windows at certain coords manually (approximately), for a better comprehension. After restart they all appear in the screen center, so just the last of them gets visible Sad I wonder if it could be possible to re-position EVE windows somehow after restart, just like Questor positions itself after it's loaded? Maybe some option in IS game configuration file?

Yes. There is an IS command to do this but I'm not sure what it is.