logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KingMike  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2011 11:09:44 PM(UTC)
KingMike

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey,

I know there is no "safe" number but just out of interest what you guys think is reasonable mumber of bots per ip to run?
Im thinking about adding 2 more accounts but Im not sure.
Between 6-8 should be fairly reasonable? Not really aiming fo all out farming solution.
Or is it too many?
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

rixim  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 4:28:23 AM(UTC)
rixim

Groups: Developer, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How many would you think is reasonable to run as a person? keep in mind the hours the bots are running and what they will be doing. I think anything over 2 most likely gets flagged somewhere in the bowels of CCP, but I frown upon my own wild speculations as much as I frown upon others.
KingMike  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 9:28:04 AM(UTC)
KingMike

I think you are right most likely.
Realistically anyone running more than 2 bots (me included) has to admit that any reasonable defence around "this is me running missions" is out of the window even if the bot performs without a single error.

SYNdrome  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 10:59:21 AM(UTC)
SYNdrome

I feel that this is not an ip problem.

There are many ISPs NATting more users behind the same ip address at a given time.
So, a ban "ip only" based is not viable.

Eve client sends many info about your PC every time you connect, so identifying all accounts logging from the same PC is quite easy for CCP, regardless the public ip.

Just my 2 cents.
KingMike  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 12:48:38 PM(UTC)
KingMike

I have only used one IP as easiest identifier.
What I meant was how many bots from one "location" (may that be identified by IP or various OS or PC details).
NightHawk  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:56:00 PM(UTC)
NightHawk

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Every toon that plays missions every single day even for an hour should be flagged cause its so dull no human would be doing it.... Brick wall
vercetti  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 4:37:44 PM(UTC)
vercetti

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NightHawk Go to Quoted Post
Every toon that plays missions every single day even for an hour should be flagged cause its so dull no human would be doing it.... Brick wall

You'd be surprised how many nerds with obsessive-compulsive disorder play this game XD
Ritticus  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:01:38 PM(UTC)
Ritticus

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I've been running a 9-man fleet supported by one stationary pilot that sits in a station/sells/manages loot now for a year. And I just started my second alt fleet, so in all its 18-accounts through One computer on 1 IP and im not using the isstealth thing.

I ran into an article put out by Sony a while ago about multibox'ing, when I was first getting started in doing this and wanted to read how the actual company felt about the matter. Wish I could give a link but with some searching you can probally find it on google. Anyways basically after their customers were getting hashed slammed by admins they were paying to manage thier games they issued a disclaimer saying no longer would multibox'ing be prohibited, if a customer wants to pay for more than one subscription they (Sony) will support the consumer in their endeavors. its a pretty long post if I can find it I'll give a link.