logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adrnalnaddiction  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 12:46:11 AM(UTC)
adrnalnaddiction

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am currently looking for pretty much any MMO to play other than wow and eve at the moment. I was wondering if rift was worth the time investment or is it just another wow clone? Also what other games would you all recommend?
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Da_Teach  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 7:57:04 AM(UTC)
Da_Teach

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I like it, though I am still not 50 (I play very casually).

If pvp turns out to be crap at 50, then I'll find a new game to play.
PoorNewb23  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 3:22:54 PM(UTC)
PoorNewb23

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Go play Tanks.

It's not mmo in purest sense of the word, but it has some of most excellent game mechanics found in online games (everything is based on RL physics, it doesn't have standard tank/dsp/healer class triage, like EVE it does not require copious amounts of grind or aimbot-level agility to be successful, but instead relies on use of your brain), or it's pvp from day0 and most importantly - it's just incredible amount of fun.

Game is free to play, but it doesn't suffer from shortcomings such games typically have. The $$$ tanks are actually weaker than normal ones and you would have to be braindead crazy to use $$$ ammo in normal matches (it's like stoking the fire with 100$ bills);-) Best use of money is to get premium account (gives you 50% more credits and exp, which means that it's faster to get to bigger tanks and easier to maintain them; game is balanced so that bigger pwnmobiles are offset by higher repair costs - you will actually lose money if you drive them without skill).
jayswag  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 11:34:30 PM(UTC)
jayswag

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ya rift is like WoW but with better gfx and random timing on game content (i.e rifts just randomly appear and game flow changes) for me I like hacking more then the actual game... but if I had time I would def. play til the end of the game as I did in WoW. Rift will hopefully be successful... if anything a big come back.. I just hope they dont try to make this "comeback" an expensive expansion pack ><
peixe01  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:32:34 PM(UTC)
peixe01

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
wasnt rift that game where you could combine spells in one? like 5 years ago or something.
ricer  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:42:40 AM(UTC)
ricer

There is a free trial available as of May 10th. Head over there and give it a shot.
jayswag  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:17:53 PM(UTC)
jayswag

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

here use this link to get a free 7 day trial :) I have 4 keys left

http://www.riftgame.com/...m_campaign=ascend_invite