logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gray  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 5:24:25 PM(UTC)
Gray

Groups: Gray, Registered

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Well guys, it looks to me that EVE botting is dying. Isk price have gone down 5x (!!!) during the last 5 years. Constant nerfs and monthly client updates break everything: my [in]famous personal fork looks like a pile of Evil Hacks attached over Evil Hacks of the previous generation. Client becomes less and less stable, which sometimes leads to weird effects and even ships losses. And finally the main part, which I've just described in a dedicated topic: bans and ban spreads, which break the whole process for weeks - at least, if you do it for the profit. I think it's time to consider moving to another game... a game where devs would not care that much about botting, a game where a hour of bot uptime (single instance) would bring at least $0.5.

To be honest, I never liked botting. What I liked about Questor was open source, and thus ability to optimize the code up to highest peaks of optimization. Guys, I'm programmer and not really a bot farm holder. I don't want to bot anymore - I would rather code and support other botters. I wanted to do that for a long long time, ever since I've found this bot and this forum - I wanted to join DT even before he has opened his source, to develop and support it... and, of course, to share profits. Too bad he's way richer than me, so we have failed many years of negotiations... Anyway, this is the past, and it's time to move on.

I'm looking for a partner, to create a new bot for a new game. I can take the high level part of this job: the bot itself - i.e. interface, game behavior, optimization, settings creation and fine tuning (like mission files in case of EVE), and probably user support, both english- and russian-speaking. I can also host the bot server here in Russia, where game devs would never reach it via legal means (thus being unable to shut it down like Blizzard did with WoW Glider). What I can't is low level programming: creating set of tools for injection into the game, to retrieve data from it and manipulate it (like DirectEVE), plus some means to protect users from bans - like hiding bot files from scans, spoofing user info, proxifying IPs etc. I think it's fair enough division of labor. But I should also add: most probably we won't receive lots of profits (not at the start, for sure), and it would probably require decent time/work investments... so I guess my partner has to be like myself: from a relatively poor country and without much real job / studying (thus with a lot of free time available). Here are examples of my code, taken from my Questor fork - to demonstrate level of optimization I can put into the project, improving income per hour: AgentInteraction, Combat.

PM me or email for private discussions and offers: nushenak (at) mail (dot) ru. I can also give my skype name later.
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.