logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gray  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2015 3:01:07 PM(UTC)
Gray

Groups: Gray, Registered

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Does someone still use the following setup?

1) Several PPTP (VPN/PPPoE/etc) logins are bought to ensure that each EVE account gets its own real IP to prevent "ban spread".
2) Several guest OSes are installed via VMWare or smth alike; each one has individual PPTP connection to some distant server.
3) Each EVE window gets all traffic redirected via SOCKS5 (using RG, AdaptEve or alike software) into its own virtual machine under VMWare.

I was using it for years but... it looks to me that something have got broken during last months: EVE clients produce minor error messages (certain packets fail to get thru); at first glance everything works (bots farm etc), but it leads to total bans during the nearest banwave. I've tried 5 different socks proxy server progs lately - there is no difference, these error messages always appear when I proxify my toons, but never appear if I let them connect directly... I've got 40 accounts banned since begin of this year, and I start to wonder if this error message gives my farms away :(
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Da_Teach  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:35:29 AM(UTC)
Da_Teach

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Could be that eve started using UDP for certain traffic, a lot of socks proxies dont do UDP traffic.

Shouldn't affect actual VPN's though, they route all traffic.
Gray  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:44:38 PM(UTC)
Gray

I wonder how to check that... Esp taking into account that using real proxies (as opposed to my own, launched in VM, windows-based) show exactly the same result :(
kn0xv1lle  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 10:43:02 AM(UTC)
kn0xv1lle

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well but you changed the registry of the vmware to hide the hardware specification ? Vmware will otherwise send to ccp that it is a vmware and ur account gets flagged.
Gray  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 4:14:12 PM(UTC)
Gray

I'm not THAT mad to run EVE clients themselves in VMWare... just proxies, while clients start on host. This way clients "think" they run on real comp, but they get IPs of proxies.

Btw, update: tried external (paid) socks5 servers (3 different servers) - the same crap, it still fails to get certain connections up. Asked proxy owner directly if their proxies can actually support UDP - got an answer that they sure can. Asked them why the hell there are failed connections - didn't get any sane answer yet %)
Da_Teach  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 12:52:30 PM(UTC)
Da_Teach

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 79 post(s)
The proxies may support it, but RedGuard or Ferox his spoofers may not. Not sure how to find out if UDP is routed through the proxy and actually not even sure how to send UDP packets using native windows functions (I know how to do it in C# but that doesn't count :))
Gray  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 4:00:56 PM(UTC)
Gray

Then I just don't understand how ppl avoid ban spread nowadays... by using some another kind of spoofer (neither RG nor adapteve)? Blink By using a park of ancient comps, which run one-two instances of EVE+Questor at the same time, thus having next to no need for proxifying?
bbday  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:06:29 PM(UTC)
bbday

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Da_Teach Go to Quoted Post
Not sure how to find out if UDP is routed through the proxy and actually not even sure how to send UDP packets using native windows functions (I know how to do it in C# but that doesn't count :))

https://msdn.microsoft.c...738545%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.c...740120%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.c...740149%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Edited by user Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:08:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Axle  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:53:52 PM(UTC)
Axle

As I've found latest builds of InnerSpace work incorrectly with RG. If I run EVE using shortcut everything works as intended and EVE server gets proper IP of my SOCKS5. But if I run EVE using Innerspace/Questor EVE server gets my local IP. The only workaround I've found is using old builds of InnerSpace.

Edited by user Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:55:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gray  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:52:29 PM(UTC)
Gray

You don't need IS with latest versions of Questor and its launcher... for like a year already.
Echu  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 2:23:57 PM(UTC)
Echu

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gray Go to Quoted Post
You don't need IS with latest versions of Questor and its launcher... for like a year already.

Is there standalone questor publicly available?
duketwo  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 9:30:25 AM(UTC)
duketwo

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It seems like the reason is adapteve is not correctly forwarding non blocking sockets.
Which means most or all http traffic doesn't get through, that is in eve terms: newsfeed, motd, resource cache loading.
I currently don't have any access to redguard, so i can't tell if redguard behaves the same.

I have a PoC working for non blocking sockets / adapteve, but still takes a while to finish.

Logserver output now equals as if connected without a proxy.

There was no UDP traffic while ive monitored for some hours. The internal browser spawns an external process which is unaffected by any detouring.

To be sure setup the windows firewall to block all outgoing traffic except tcp traffic to your socks(s).

Edited by user Friday, August 28, 2015 6:46:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bbday  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 3:03:58 PM(UTC)
bbday

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Did you try to ask da_Teach about it? Maybe he can help us, he have a lot experience about it.