logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gray  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:27:35 AM(UTC)
Gray

Groups: Gray, Registered

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 23 post(s)
A question to everyone using this check: guys, are you SURE it does more good than harm? I've just encountered a case when this check always returned false for a given character. I've restarted the bot, I've even relogged the account - it didn't change anything, it just refused to return true, so the whole skill autotrain was disabled. Then I've disabled the check, recompiled and voila - everything worked like a charm! On top of that, after I've relaunched the version with this check enabled, it started to return true, finally.

So my question is... what would I lose, in theory, if I just disable this crappy check for good?
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

bbday  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:34:12 PM(UTC)
bbday

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I don't know what is your problem, my skill planner working:

case:
-call AreMySkillsReady
if return true >
-do something
else
-return
-end
Gray  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:57:13 PM(UTC)
Gray

Mine did exactly the same. It worked in 99% cases; though, as I've said, sometimes it breaks, and then it does more harm than good, I think. So my question stays: is it really needed?
duketwo  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:15:44 AM(UTC)
duketwo

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
u probably could try to start the skills service by openening the skillwindow if AreMySkillsReady == false
Gray  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:35:05 AM(UTC)
Gray

Ahha, finally a good idea! But it looks like DirectEve.Skills isn't going to help with that... Any hint which hook does open it?
yomon598  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:08:11 AM(UTC)
yomon598

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you are fully logged in game, skills service should be running already, otherwise something messed up.
Also, it looks like AreMySkillsReady attempts to start the service anyway - if skill service is not started, it will start a new tasklet whose job is to start the service AND then the function will return 0(false), so, on a second call, after _a while_, the service should be started anyway and the function should return true.
I'd try to call AreMySkillsReady a few times with some pause in between calls, to see if that gets any results and also I'd suggest to start a logserver to see what it logs for the client that gives you the problems.
Those are just my suggestions, but then again I don't have any experience with directeve or .net for that matter, it's just judgement base on my not that vast EVE knowledge and a very short look at AreMySkillsReady.
duketwo  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:30:06 PM(UTC)
duketwo

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
weird, we should at least add some code to prevent endless loops.
maybe it's because lagg/desync or trying too fast like yomon said

Edited by user Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:39:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ferox2552  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 2:22:30 PM(UTC)
ferox2552

Groups: Developer, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gray Go to Quoted Post
Ahha, finally a good idea! But it looks like DirectEve.Skills isn't going to help with that... Any hint which hook does open it?

Skills.RefreshMySkills() populates the skills inside of eve. Make sure to only call it once and wait until AreMySkillsReady returns true(in the following onFrame's obviously).

Edited by user Monday, January 20, 2014 2:28:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked ferox2552 for this useful post.
Gray on 1/21/2014(UTC)
Gray  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:55:59 AM(UTC)
Gray

Originally Posted by: yomon598 Go to Quoted Post
If you are fully logged in game, skills service should be running already, otherwise something messed up.
Also, it looks like AreMySkillsReady attempts to start the service anyway - if skill service is not started, it will start a new tasklet whose job is to start the service AND then the function will return 0(false), so, on a second call, after _a while_, the service should be started anyway and the function should return true.

Well, you're wrong... As I've said in my start post, there was no desync and no lag. Any manual command was going thru without problems; just AreMySkillsReady check returned false no matter of what (no matter of Questor restart and even EVE restart). Gotta try that RefreshMySkills thing next time, I guess...