logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbr8kr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:17:11 AM(UTC)
dbr8kr

Groups: Registered

Hello!

I have a cheating program that checks my hardware id. This binds me into using the software on only one computer. I know that the program could be using the hardware ID as a combination of numbers from my video card, hard-drive etc... , but I would like to be able to see what the program is asking for and how it combines these numbers, Then spoof the program into reading this information differently.

I'm interested on how to accomplish this task rather than using the software. I don't think this should be too difficult using tools. I have some Visual Basic Experience, I am able to read my hardware ID's using tools, I've used a debugger for my Visual Basic Projects. Am I over my head here? Do I need to go back to school? lol

Some insight will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

dbr8kr
Sponsor

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

civan2  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:54:12 PM(UTC)
civan2

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hmm, if I had to do a metaphor of your question in medicine terms it would be - "My uncle taught me how to castrate billy goats once, can you show me open heart surgery now?".

I can tell from your post that you didn't spend a lot of time on MSDN, so getting the absolute basics like windows APIs will be a good start. After that you just hook up an api monitor and select the interesting calls.

On the last one I would say yes, output of any serious debugging tool needs more skill than being able to compile a VB app. Once you know the difference between stdcall and cdecl then you will have some grasp of the basics.
Good at pvp. I enjoy pvz and pvt too.
thanks 1 user thanked civan2 for this useful post.
dbr8kr on 12/20/2012(UTC)
dbr8kr  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:12:14 AM(UTC)
dbr8kr

I know how subroutines work and how values are passed and called on an application.Now, I have an understanding on windows API's , and played around with "windows API monitor".I have an understanding of what the monitor does using API's.. My question is, do I have to learn C++? I never used stdcall or cdecl on VB...

Edited by user Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:13:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dbr8kr
Da_Teach  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:24:13 PM(UTC)
Da_Teach

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 79 post(s)
It's not that easy. There's no such call as "GetHardwareId" and even if there was, people wouldn't use it (too easy to fake). So you'll have to end up using a decompiler to find out where they generate the hardware id and from there hook the windows calls used and fake the results.
civan2  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:49:27 AM(UTC)
civan2

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Here is a simple application dumping all the id numbers that you can dump in ring 3 code http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.cpp. Dumping anything in ring 0 is even more difficult.

By the way using symbols that you have no understanding of (beyond "zomg! it's a haxxxor logo!"), tends to be annoying to people who had a formal education in compsci. You would get flamed to hell and back on a more technical board.

Edited by user Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:50:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Good at pvp. I enjoy pvz and pvt too.